The COVID-19 pandemic has influenced just about every aspect of our day to day lives and travel basketball has been no different. Our ASGR team has been meeting regularly to discuss all possible options and is still laser-focused on providing players with a platform to showcase their talent and get back to competing on the court.
We have been closely monitoring the information being released by the CDC as well as local officials to ensure that we are taking every precaution imaginable to keep our players, coaches, spectators and staff safe while still putting together the world-class standard you are used to with every ASGR event. In order to reach this goal, it will be a team effort involving everybody to minimize risk and provide the safest platform possible.
Below we have outlined the precautions at event:
- All staff will have their temperatures taken prior to entering the facility
- All bathrooms will be cleaned and sanitized several times a day
- Water Fountains will be turned off. We encourage each player to bring their own water bottle
- Clearly marked Entrances & Exits, one-way flow of foot traffic
- Use of Stanchions & Dividers to manage the correct flow of traffic
- Adjustment of player benches & spectator seating to encourage social distancing. No bleachers or chairs for seating, you must bring your own folding chair.
- Sanitation team in charge of the cleaning of each court, bench and spectator seating in between games as well as other common areas
- Limited Spectator/Coach Capacity per team
- Cash Only at Entrance
- Taking the temperature of coaches, players and staff
- Conducted each day upon entrance to the facility
- Use no-touch thermometer
- Any participant entering with temperature over 100.4 degrees will be asked to leave
- Face mask/covering required for all coaches/spectators/staff
- Game Precautions
- Coaches Pre-Event Check-List
- Review of CDC/Venue/Specific Event guidelines
- Elimination of Post Game Handshake Line
**These are general guidelines, specific events could likely have additional guidelines to maximize safety. These will be clearly communicated to all registered teams prior to an event. Complying with these regulations is mandatory to participate in a ASGR Event**
On top of all of these guidelines, we ask that all parents, coaches & players become familiar with the current CDC Guidelines revolving around COVID-19. Some of the important points being:
- Staying home if you feel sick or are running a fever
- Socially distancing (staying 6 feet apart) from others
- Wearing a face mask when possible
Please be sure to review all CDC guidelines and be prepared to follow them. You can find all information here: https://www.cdc.gov/
Please note all of these guidelines are subject to change or adjustment as we continue to monitor the information that becomes available. We understand that many of you are ready to get back onto the court and have a sense of normalcy back in your lives. The ball will bounce again, and when it does, you can count on ASGR to continue to provide the world-class events and coverage that you are used to.